
When I discovered that beautiful orang-utan floating towards the liftboat on the infamous raft of bananas, it was as if a light was re-ignited inside of me. I felt as though I was seeing the sun for the first time; glowing brightly within my soul. I could see a halo encircling her tremendous head. Despite being told by my father of the dangers of orang-utans, (no matter how cute and loveable they appear behind bars at the zoo, they are unbelievably strong), there was something about her appearance that inspired hope and a new outlook on my situation. While I was in the midst of doubting my survival, Orange Juice turned up to change my entire perspective. All of this was taken away from me the day the disgusting, savage hyena murdered her and ripped off her hope-bearing head. A fight had broken out between the two of them which lead to her ultimate demise. I wanted to vomit and scream and cry all at once. While the hyena gluttonously ate the remnants of his kill, I cowered away in the corner secretly hoping and praying that I would not be next.

No comments:
Post a Comment