Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just like nature, death calls!


I recently conducted a well-thought- out plan for survival that made me realize very soon after that I have been in the sun far too long. The days are feeling longer and more physically draining. If that, plus my overall mental and emotional state wasn't taking enough of a toll on me, the fact that I am sharing a small space with a full-grown tiger named Richard Parker is pushing me right over the edge (literally). My plan for survival consists solely of ways to be rid of this large death-beckoning creature that has been prompting my terror for what must be months now. The six options that I have compiled include: pushing him off the lifeboat, killing him with six morphine surringes, attacking him with whatever weaponry I have in my possession, choking him, poisoning him and/or setting him on fire and electrocuting him and last but not least, waging a war of attrition. I felt quite confident and content with my ideas until it dawned on me that I am up against a 300-pound beast! How would I push him off the lifeboat? Are six surringes even enough to kill a tiger? How could I possibly fight him off with the measly weapons I have on this boat? I don't have poison or a way to electrocute him either, so that's not even a valid option. A war of attrition? Who am I kidding! I'm in way over my head. I suppose it's back to the drawing board...if I had a drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment