If there was ever a time prior to last week that I suspected myself of being mad, I have now officially confirmed it. I am still not entirely sure what caused it, but for a couple days of absolute horror I found myself completely blind. I did not know what to think or what to do with the situation- I was helpless in every way imaginable and was forced to rely on my other three senses to carry on. Through my ordeal, something particularily strange happened. My sense of hearing must have been heightened because out of no where, I started hearing a voice. This of course being extremely odd seeing as I am the only human on the lifeboat. Myself and this mysterious other person began having a conversation about food. He told me how much he enjoyed meat dishes and I shared my desire for vegetables. Based on his blood-thirsty descriptions, I knew it was Richard Parker. I couldn't help but wish he would have spoken up earlier! I asked him if he has ever killed a man before and he informed me that he has not only killed a man, but a woman as well. This news should not have shocked me, but I still found myself suppressing a gasp. Whether it was a gasp in regards to what Richard Parker did or the extent of my own insanity, I would not be able to tell you. All I know is that even if the whole experience was just a figment of my imagination, I really appreciated the company for those few solitary moments.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
It's not over until the big cat sings
If there was ever a time prior to last week that I suspected myself of being mad, I have now officially confirmed it. I am still not entirely sure what caused it, but for a couple days of absolute horror I found myself completely blind. I did not know what to think or what to do with the situation- I was helpless in every way imaginable and was forced to rely on my other three senses to carry on. Through my ordeal, something particularily strange happened. My sense of hearing must have been heightened because out of no where, I started hearing a voice. This of course being extremely odd seeing as I am the only human on the lifeboat. Myself and this mysterious other person began having a conversation about food. He told me how much he enjoyed meat dishes and I shared my desire for vegetables. Based on his blood-thirsty descriptions, I knew it was Richard Parker. I couldn't help but wish he would have spoken up earlier! I asked him if he has ever killed a man before and he informed me that he has not only killed a man, but a woman as well. This news should not have shocked me, but I still found myself suppressing a gasp. Whether it was a gasp in regards to what Richard Parker did or the extent of my own insanity, I would not be able to tell you. All I know is that even if the whole experience was just a figment of my imagination, I really appreciated the company for those few solitary moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment